Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cooking Class

Last weeks activities for me included a cooking class at an Italian restaurant near Al Bateen port called Riviera. There were 16 women in the class, which was taught by the head chef, Vittorrio. He showed us how to make homemade pasta! (That will never happen). How to simmer bolognese sauce for nine hours! (Again, probably will never happen). And how to make lasagna topped with homemade bechamel sauce. (It was actually really good! I might try it at home.) At the end of the three hour class all 16 women were completely ravenous. At this point, they showed us how to make pizza and then served up the two small pizzas. I've never seen two pizzas disappear sooooo fast. Wow. At the end we got to eat our (their) creations, but I think I was so hungry at that point that I totally forgot to take pictures of the final product. It just looked like lasagna though, so you can use your imagination. :-)

Vittorio showing us the different kinds of tomato sauce.

The assistant putting the meat into the bolognese sauce.

Getting ready to pull the pizzas out of the oven

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so jealous! I have always wanted to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I saw you checking out the lil Italian chef.....what would Pete say ;)

    ReplyDelete