Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day trip to Al Ain

I signed up for a day trip with one of the ladies groups that I'm a part of here. The trip was to a "palace" and to the zoo in Al Ain. When I signed up...October seemed a long ways off, and we were all pretty sure the weather would have cooled down by then. Hmmm...maybe, not so much! Anyway, it was nice to get away for a day and the company was good, so I'd say it was a fine day despite the HOT weather!

At the "palace" (which was really more of a museum, and not so palatial after all): Looking cooool in the sweltering heat. (Georgie, me, Ruth, Sally, and Sinead)

This one's for Pete

Just in case you were wondering

Such a small bed for a palace!

On the way out...back to the bus for some lunch and air-conditioning!

We watched the macaque monkeys cannonball into their little pool for about 20 minutes. It was pretty much the most entertaining thing at the zoo...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love those monkeys!! I am also SO incredibly jealous of the heat. I'm freezing my butt off here. :-)

    ReplyDelete