Thursday, April 30, 2009

Old Dubai

I had a chance to go for a day trip to Dubai this week and check out some of the older areas of town. First off, I am shocked that some of this still exists! They are doing so much construction and taking down all the "old" things in the city...but it is pretty cool that they kept this part intact!
It was pretty hot, so we stopped at this beautiful cafe (XVA Cafe, if you're ever there) and had some of the best mint lemonade I've ever tasted!! There was also funky artwork and mobiles hanging all around the courtyard. 

Lemon with mint...looks disgusting, tastes divine. 

Me, standing in one of the little alley-ways.

My friend Mandy, the "tour guide". So nice of her to take me!!

I am in love with this little courtyard. 


There were also some art exhibits scattered throughout. I was interested in this piece, which is just a bunch of bowling pins wrapped in fabric. There were two more of them facing this group. Curious....

Juxtaposition on Dubai Creek - One old boat filled with Indian workers crossing paths with a fancy new boat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment