Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Favorite Place in Dubai

Since the weather is slowly deteriorating here, I thought it would be nice to fit a few activities into some of our few remaining weekends of good weather. This included taking Pete for a visit to my favorite place in Dubai. I went there around this time last year, so I knew it would be HOT, but it was well worth a visit. 
We started with a delicious lunch and refreshing mint lemonade,

then we went exploring around the courtyard (this is Pete, ducking to come out of the tiny bathroom door), 

after lunch we appreciated some of the artwork on display,

including this phone - covered in melted wax, 

then found a shady alleyway to escape from the sun (can you see the bump?), 

and we even saw a really old tree (planted in 1890)! 

1 comment:

  1. First of all...YESSSSS for the baby bump picture! You are SO adorable - I wish I could put my hand on your belly (haha...is that weird??)

    Secondly, I really wish it was hot in CO right now. Glad you got to get out and enjoy the last of the bearable temps!

    ReplyDelete