Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks

We celebrated an All-American holiday in Abu Dhabi last week - Thanksgiving!!! Many of our friends here had never attended a Thanksgiving feast, so we thought we'd put on a good spread and bring some of our new "family" over for dinner. (Two things I'm thankful for: Pete's mom was in town to help with do most of the cooking. Thanksgiving fell on the first day of Eid, so it was a holiday for everyone else here too!)

The table is set...



One too many cooks in the kitchen?


The gentlemen say they are thankful they don't have to cook!


Getting ready to sit down: Pam, Mandy, Aitch, Jayne, Sinead, Dave, Katia, Jane, Walid, Maria, Pete, Me, Mark (and Erik, behind the camera)


Pre-carving - 19 lb turkey


I could be wrong, but I think Thanksgiving might be Dave's new favorite holiday - I swear the man has a hollow leg!


The aftermath

1 comment:

  1. Christine I am SO impressed!! That is a lot of people to host! I'm glad it was such a hit - I wish the whole world would join in celebration of Thanksgiving, my fave holiday. You certainly did your part to spread the love...

    ReplyDelete