Sunday, March 29, 2009

Viva La Vida

Coldplay finished their world tour with a stop in Abu Dhabi last night - and we were fortunate enough to have tickets to the show. This was their Middle East debut and I think that people here would probably pay to see them again after the show they put on! Last night also happened to be the first time I've seen RAIN in Abu Dhabi...and it wasn't just any rain, but a complete downpour!

Still dry - riding to the show in the slowest taxi in Abu Dhabi

Finally made it through the gates

Quite a variety of people came out for the show - still dry...

Mike standing at the Emirates Palace-style entrance to the show.

What's with the coupons here?! 1st wait in line to buy coupons, then wait in another line to use the coupons for beer. Hmmm....

We've got our beer! It's starting to get a bit more humid.

Slight downpour!

I look like I just got out of the shower!! 

Concert-goers holding up their cell phones to commemorate Earth Hour. All the other lights were turned off. (still raining!)

Viva! 

We got a ride home with some random Emiratis who were cruising in their BMW!!! Hahahaha....seemed like a fine idea at the time.

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I miss rain. We are having MAJOR snow here.

    I hung out with Eric Kirshner (spelling?)the other day because my friend Lana was in town, and they are friends. It was very weird, but he asked about you! I should have told him to check out your blog...

    ReplyDelete