Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Making Progress


I found out on New Year's Eve that my sister is engaged! I was quite surprised and thrilled to get this news, but there is so much going on right now it seemed like it would be a little difficult to be a good sister and maid of honor and give her the support she needs. Well, I think this weekend helped that situation out a little bit. I took my very first trip down to Farmington, New Mexico - where my sister, Caitlyn, lives with her fiance, Tom. They have an adorable house and a super cute dog to boot! :-) While I was down there, we actually got A LOT done... considering. She has a DATE, and a location!! (We also met a great florist, found an awesome place for a reception, and started figuring out some other key details as well) She also has a plane ticket to come to DENVER (YAY!) to look at wedding dresses before I leave. The shop in Farmington was... lacking, to put it lightly. 
As far as the adventures of Pete and Christine go...I actually have a plane ticket now, so I guess I'm really moving. My date of departure is now set for February 10th. So, if you are reading this, and you're thinking, 'Hey, that's still a ways away' - well give me a call!  I miss Pete so much right now, but I'm having such a good time seeing friends and family that I know the time will fly by! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed with the progress!!

    And I think February 10th is really soon.

    ReplyDelete